DEFINITIONS“Data Processor” means a third party that processes Personal Information on behalf of and pursuant to the instructions of Crosscheck Networks. “Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified individual, or to an individual who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to such information, which may include, an identification number or one or more factors specific to his or her physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity. Without limiting the foregoing, Personal Information does not include information that is de-identified or corporate information that relates to an organization but not to an individual, such as a corporate name, corporate address or general corporate phone number.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OR ABOUT YOUPersonal information you provide to us. We collect Personal Information that you provide to us through our Sites, and in connection with other business dealings we, or our channel sales and business partners, may have with you. Such information may include:
- First and last name
- Company name
- Email address
- IP address
- Login user name and password
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- Fax number
- Personal preferences regarding products and services
- Information necessary to process a credit card transaction, such as the credit card type, number, and expiration date.
- Account information for third party services. If you interact with a third party service when using our Sites, such as if you use a third party service to log-in to our Sites (e.g., Facebook Connect, Google Sign-In, or Twitter OAuth), or if you share content from our Sites through a third party social media service, the third party service will send us information about you, such as information from your public profile, if the third party service and your account settings allow such sharing. The information we receive will depend on the policies and your account settings with the third-party service.
- Information from our advertising partners. We receive information about you from some of our service providers who assist us with marketing or promotional services related to how you interact with our websites, applications, products, services, advertisements, or communications:
- Job Title/Function
- Business Address
- Topics of interest
- Firmographic information (company size by employees or approximate revenue band)
- Role in purchase decisions
- your IP address or any other unique identifier assigned to the device that you use to access our Sites;
- the functionality and characteristics of your device, including type of browser, operating system and hardware, mobile network information, and in some cases location information;
- the URL that referred you to our Sites, if any;
- your activities on our Sites, such as which web pages you visit, what terms you searched within our Sites, and which links within our Sites that you click on; and
- the time of day that you visited our Sites and how long your visit lasted.
- Do Not Track Policy. Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. Our Sites do not support Do Not Track requests at this time.
- Web Beacons. A web beacon, including tracking pixels, is a small graphic image or other web programming code, also known as “1×1 GIF” or “clear GIF.” We may download web beacons to Your Device when you access our Sites or through email messages that we send to you. Web beacons are used to improve your experience on our Sites. Web beacons also help us to understand whether users read email messages and click on the links contained within those messages so that we can deliver relevant content and messages. Our web beacons may collect certain of your contact information (e.g., the email address associated with an email message that contains a web beacon).
- Embedded Scripts An embedded script is a programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with our Sites, such as which links within our Sites you click on, which type of browser or device you use (e.g. mobile or desktop version). We use such information to enhance the user experience. This code is downloaded onto Your Device when you access our Sites and is deactivated or deleted when you leave our Sites. Identification of the user does not take place.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATIONBusiness Use. We use your Personal Information primarily to facilitate our ongoing and proposed business dealings with you (“Business Use”). This includes to: (1) process business transactions with us that you initiate, including without limitation orders of products and services and the creation of user profiles; (2) establish and maintain customer accounts so that we may provide products or services of ours requested by you or your company; (3) register you as a user of these products or services so that you may access them through our Sites or otherwise; (4) communicate with you about updates, maintenance, outages, or other technical matters concerning these products or services; (5) provide you with training and support regarding usage of these products or services; (6) notify you about changes to any of the policies and procedures for use of these products or services; (7) verify the accuracy of account and technical contact information we have on file for you and your company in relation to these products or services; and (8) respond to questions or inquiries that you or your company may have about our products or services. We also may use your Personal Information as required for us to comply with laws and regulations relating to the products or services that we provide in any of the jurisdictions in which we or our affiliated companies operate, including the United States, and we may use Usage Information internally within Crosscheck Networks to help us improve our products or services, or to develop new products or services. We may also use your Personal Information to personalize the content of the Sites and communications based on your preferences, and to comply with our legal or contractual obligations and to resolve disputes. Additionally, we may use your Personal Information to protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal, or harmful actions and to enforce our MSA or EULA (depending on which service you are using). Marketing Purposes. With your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law, we may use your Personal Information for purposes relating to the marketing of our content, products, and services, or those of our business partners (“Marketing Purposes”). This includes to: (1) send you newsletters, press releases, event announcements, and other similar communications regarding the products or services that we offer; (2) market or promote our products or services to you, including by offering you trial or limited access to certain of our products or services; (3) solicit input from you regarding improvement of our products or services; (4) inform you of third-party offerings that we think you or your company may be interested in which relate to our products or services; (5) send you announcements or requests on behalf of other customers of ours who believe you would benefit from use of our products or services; and (6) other purposes that we disclose to you at the time we obtain your consent. Referrals. From time to time, we may receive Personal Information about you from third parties who recommend or suggest that we contact you for business purposes. We receive such Personal Information because you have consented towards the third party that they might share your Personal Information. If we use that information to contact you, it will only be to see if you are interested in our products or services, or those of our business partners. We will not use this information for other purposes without your consent. In addition, if you inform us that you are not interested in these products or services, we will stop using the information to contact you. Data Integrity. You are responsible for the accuracy of all Personal Information that you provide to us. We will use reasonable efforts to maintain the accuracy and integrity of your Personal Information, and to update that information as appropriate. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect from you is relevant to its intended use, and that it is used only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise authorized by you.
- Distributors and resellers. If you are in a location where we primarily sell our products and services through a distributor or reseller, we may pass your contact information on to such distributor or reseller so that they can contact you directly about your interest in Crosscheck Networks’ products and services.
- Managed Service Providers. We may share your contact information with third parties that provide an offering or service that runs the Crosscheck Networks product for you. If that managed service provider is also an Crosscheck Networks reseller or distributor, you may purchase the Crosscheck Networks product directly through them.
- Implementation Partners. We may share your contact information with partners who can help you with implementation and integration of Crosscheck Networks into your environment.
- Training Delivery Partners. We may share your contact information with partners that we work with to deliver training for Crosscheck Networks products in certain locations, so that such partner can facilitate the delivery of the training directly to you.
CHOICE AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION AND PREFERENCESWe reserve the right to take reasonable steps to authenticate the identity of any individual seeking access to Personal Information. We may provide web pages or other mechanisms on our Sites through which you can update subscription preferences. You can also contact us to update your Personal Information or change your preferences. Our contact information for these purposes is by email at email@example.com. If you receive a marketing communication from us by email, you may also opt out of receiving future email marketing communications by following the opt-out instructions provided in that email. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to transactions you initiate, your customer account, your use of our Sites, or other business matters, and that these communications may be unaffected if you choose to opt-out from marketing communications. In accordance with our routine record keeping and applicable law, we may delete certain records that contain your Personal Information. We are under no obligation to store such information indefinitely, and we disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of that information. In addition, you should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons. Also, if you have posted any User Submissions to a Community Forum, these communications cannot generally be removed. Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to contact us to prevent disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes; in order to submit such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
INFORMATION SECURITYWe will take reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information in our possession from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. We will make reasonable efforts to keep your Personal Information reliable for its intended use, accurate, current and complete. As necessary, we will take additional precautions regarding the security of particularly sensitive information, such as credit card information. While we strive to secure your Personal Information, we cannot warrant or guarantee that this information will be protected under all circumstances, including those beyond our reasonable control.
CHILDRENThe Sites are intended for business use. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for the Sites or send any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- How do we use your personal data? Please refer to the section on HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION above for details of how we use and process your Personal Data.
- Lawful Bases for Processing.
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing may include consent, contractual necessity and our “legitimate interests,” as further described below.
- Contractual Necessity. When you purchase our products and services, we process your contact information (e.g., name, phone number, address, email address) as a matter of “contractual necessity”, meaning that we need to process the data to perform under our MSA, EULA, or other agreement with you, which enables us to provide you with the products and services you request. When we process data due to contractual necessity, failure to provide such Personal Data will result in your inability to use some or all portions of the Sites or our products and services that require such data.
- Legitimate Interest. We may also process your contact information and other categories of Personal Data described in the section titled INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU above for our legitimate interest purposes.Examples of these legitimate interests include:
- Operation and improvement of our business, products, and services
- Provision of customer support
- Protection from fraud or security threats
- Protecting the security of your account with us
- Providing you with a sign-in method
- Determining your geographic location and preferences so that we can serve you better
- Compliance with legal obligations
- Completion of corporate transactions
- Consent. In some cases, we process Personal Data based on the consent you expressly grant to us at the time we collect such data. When we process Personal Data based on your consent, it will be expressly indicated to you at the point and time of collection. If you provide us with opt-in consent to receive marketing information from Crosscheck Networks, we will process your email address for the purpose of sending you marketing information about our products and services. The legal ground for processing your email address for this purpose is your consent. You may withdraw your consent any time by selecting “unsubscribe” in the marketing email or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Other Processing Grounds. From time to time we may also need to process Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other data subjects, or if it is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
- How long do we retain your personal data? We retain Personal Data about you as set forth on our company’s data retention policy. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule, or regulation. Afterwards, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
- What security measures do we use? We seek to protect Personal Data using appropriate technical and organizational measures based on the type of Personal Data and applicable processing activity. For example, we protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Later Security (TLS) software, which encrypts information you input. We also require our supplier and vendors to protect such information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure.
- Personal Data of children. The Sites are intended for business use. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for the Sites or send any Personal Data about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us Personal Data, please contact us at email@example.com.
- What rights do you have regarding your personal data?
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need to you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, if necessary to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
- Access. You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data. You can also access certain of your Personal Data by contacting us at email@example.com to make such corrections.
- Rectification. If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. In certain circumstances, you can correct some of this information directly by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make such corrections.
- Erasure. You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Withdrawal of Consent. If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Sites.
- Portability. You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Objection. You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
- Restriction of Processing. You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to File Complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint about Crosscheck Networks’ practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.